What to expect on a Farmer’s Market tour with Joni:
- Not only will she help you buy food, but also answer health and nutrition questions.
- Bring your shopping list and Joni will help you mark off the items, helping you select the right produce.
- Joni will demystify and share cooking ideas for those unique and exotic foods. You may well go home with something new, with ideas as to how to use’m, how to cook’m.
- You will reach a new level of comfort with fresh produce… from greens to fruit to olive oils and gluten-free artisan products and more.
- You will get to a new level of understanding of the anatomy of food, the science of cooking and the biochemistry of the body.
During the tour Joni will focus on:
- various types of produce and products
- getting to know the farmers and artisans
- selecting, storing and cooking tips (bulk buying and cooking, too)
- budget shopping (how to get your dollar to go farther, ways to cut costs)
- inspiration to use the food and not throw it out
- preparation tips
- cooking tips/skills
- recipe ideas
- improvisational cooking
- building flavors
- chemistry of cooking
- cooking with colors, textures, shapes and sizes
- biochemistry of the body
- and more
These tours are limited to 5 people. Joni’s market tours are for small groups (maximum 5 people) in order to accommodate individual needs and questions. Bring your recipes and Joni will help you select the produce. Do you need to shop for a specific health challenge? – like cancer, diabetes, gout? Joni will help you select foods to target your needs.
Click here to read “what to expect during a cooking demo by Joni. “
Market tour and cooking demo dates are:
Every 1st Saturday in Redwood City (followed by cooking demo at Atherton Appliance and Kitchens)
Every 2nd Sunday in Los Gatos (followed by a cooking demo at Williams-Sonoma)