Time: One to two hours soaking time, 10 minutes of blending, two to three hours in the freezer.
- 2 cups cashews
- 2 Thai Young coconuts, water and meat
- 10 medjool dates (I always wonder – do I need to say ‘pitted’ …. I think people know to do this … but, maybe not, well, please write, I’d love to hear what you think)
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp salt (you may need a bit more to balance out the flavors for your taste buds)
- 2 tbs tamarind syrup (paste)
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1 cup blueberries, for garnish
1. Place all ingredients, in the order listed, into a blender. Best results –smooth and creamy with no grit– if it soaks for (at least) two hours on the counter.
2. Blend well, and pour into electric ice cream maker, or pour into medium-size bowl and place it in the freezer for 2 – 3 hours, and stir often.
3. Serve with Steve’s brownies and some blueberries.