A couple of the people who stopped by knew that cabbage is good for the stomach, protecting against, and aiding recovery of, stomach ulcers. This brought back memories of when I first started juicing, in 1991 while working at the Contra Costa Times – in a large room with dozens of employees. A coworker, Kevin, had stomach ulcers and I would bring in cabbage juice for him to drink throughout his shift. Another humorous memory: he was a baseball fan and would randomly blurt out “WAY BACK!” …at least 3 times during the shift, some nights I’m sure the count was close to 30. Well, I digress, here is the soup I made:
Sweet’n Sour Cabbage Soup
- Green Cabbage
- Olive oil
- Pomegranate Vinegar
- 8 cups vegetable broth
- Wild Porcini Salt
- Hickory Smoked Salt
- Ground Sumac
- Saute chopped cabbage in olive oil for 15 minutes, stir often.
- Add Pomegranate Vinegar.
- Season with Wild Porcini Salt, Hickory Smoked Salt and Ground Sumac.
- Add vegetable broth.
Sign up for my mailing list (see link to the form, on the right margin of this page) to receive notices of my upcoming classes, demos and publication of my eCookbook, where the full recipes will be printed.
Other dishes I made that day are:
- Spicy Asian Bok Choy Chopped Salad
- Steamed Swiss Chard w/Mustard and Pomegranate Vinegar
- Tomato, Green Bean Chopped Salad w/White Truffle Oil and Pomegranate Vinegar
- Cilantro Butter w/Garlic Rosemary Bread
- Strawberry Smoothie w/Pomegranate Vinegar