I made this “ice cream smoothie” for the Cooking Demo at Williams-Sonoma, July 10th (following a trip to the Farmer’s Market) in Los Gatos.
This was based on the “Strawberry Cream Sorbet” that I created back in February for a Dialog Dinner. I’ve served it many times since b/c it’s soooo good, people LOVE it. In my first concoction of this (in February) I used “Coconut Milk” and just last week, I also put in a bit of frozen feta cheese, for a more creamy, tart taste. YUM! …… also, just yesterday, I served it with blueberries, for the “French Laundry, Michelin-style Brunch” …. see image at this link.
Strawberry Smoothie w/Pomegranate Vinegar
- 5 strawberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup Almond milk
- 1/2 cup Cashews
- Mint leaves
- Pomegranate vinegar
- Make almond milk (blend 1 cup almonds and 3 cups water, strain)
- Mix with cashews and strawberries, blend until creamy.
- Serve with a drizzle, just a bit, of Pomegranate vinegar on top and mint leaves.
Sign up for my mailing list (see link to the form, on the right margin of this page) to receive notices of my upcoming classes, demos and publication of my eCookbook, where the full recipe will be printed.
Other dishes I made that day are:
- Sweet’n Sour Cabbage Soup
- Spicy Asian Bok Choy Chopped Salad
- Steamed Swiss Chard w/Mustard and Pomegranate Vinegar
- Tomato, Green Bean Chopped Salad w/White Truffle Oil and Pomegranate Vinegar
- Cilantro Butter w/Garlic Rosemary Bread