This one is in honor of my kids …. it was the only way they ate chard when they were young… and they ate A LOT of it. … using regular prepared yellow mustard and a basic vinegar, maybe it was red wine vinegar.
Steamed Swiss Chard w/Mustard and Pomegranate Vinegar
- Swiss chard
- Prepared mustard
- Pomegranate Vinegar
- Steam the stems, then add the leaves.
- When done, mix in the mustard and vinegar, and serve.
Sign up for my mailing list (see link to the form, on the right margin of this page) to receive notices of my upcoming classes, demos and publication of my eCookbook, where the full recipes will be printed.
One young woman (late teens or early 20s) didn’t care for the taste of chard “too green, too bitter” … so, I suggested adding a bit of salt and she was sooo thankful for the tip, b/c now she enjoyed the greens and will try this with other green foods. This clearly was an ‘ah ha’ moment for her, and changed her impression of greens for the rest of her life.
“Why Salt makes things taste better” … watch for my post(!).
Here are the other dishes I made today… click on each dish to see more info:
- Sweet’n Sour Cabbage Soup
- Spicy Asian Bok Choy Chopped Salad
- Tomato, Green Bean Chopped Salad w/White Truffle Oil and Pomegranate Vinegar
- Cilantro Butter w/Garlic Rosemary Bread
- Strawberry Smoothie w/Pomegranate Vinegar