Book a cooking class to increase your comfort in the kitchen
My “skill building” cooking classes are customized to your goals: to focus on specific skills, or a specific cooking method, or to cook a specific diet, a dish, or cuisine.
For 1 or 2 people, and the class can be 1 or 2 hours.
Children ages 6+ are accepted who are ready to step into the world of technique and science of cooking.
Learn to cook
- You want proficiency and efficiency.
- You want a new level of comfort in the kitchen.
- Experience competency with improvisational cooking.
- Cook with what’s in the fridge, it’s liberating.
- Learn how to taste test, and balance flavors.
Pick your date/time
Send a request with a couple of dates and times that best fit your schedule. I am available 7 days / week, 11am-9pm. Each class shows one date far into the future, indicating it is available at any time.
In my cooking classes I focus on cooking methods –not recipes so that you will be able to create your own recipes. And decipher other recipes to easily modify them to fit your needs.
I have much to share with you —techniques, timing, taste testing, etc. It’s my fun to help others know what to expect, and how to get there— starting with color, shape and size; and ending with timing, temperature and flavors.
Click here to see an example of a skill building cooking class.
Click here to learn: How to Create a Recipe.
Click here to learn: How to Become a Good Cook.
Click here to learn: How to Plan a Menu.
For these skill-building cooking classes — you do the shopping. We will decide the menu beforehand and I will send a list of food that is needed. I can shop, and give the food receipt to you for reimbursement to be paid when we meet for the class. The fee for my shopping time depends on the items needed.
- If the class is at your home then I will show up with my knife and cutting board.
- If the class is at my home, you bring the food with you (except things like oil, salt, pepper, some seasonings), and bring food containers to take the cooked food home with you.
ps– I am not much of a baker, and only know a few things.
You can pay here on my website, or send money directly to me with:
- Google Pay
- Apple Pay
- Check (contact me for details)
OTHER COOKING EXPERIENCES
Contact me if you want a:
- one-hour cooking class
- Mystery Basket Challenge
- Lunch ‘n Learn at your office
- cooking classes for kids.
Need more info?
Contact me today—for a healthier you tomorrow! Get started now!
“The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is today.”
Learn to cook, a cooking school for you
Join me in the kitchen to get to a new version of an automatic pilot that works for you – for your health, for your lifestyle.
I can help you find your inner cook,
and help you define the flavors you enjoy
so that you cook for your own tastes, your own personal cuisine.
Feeling comfortable in the kitchen is the first step toward enjoying the art and science of cooking, so I teach in the comfort of a real kitchen, mine or yours.
- Cooking classes for kids
- Skill building cooking classes for one or two people, for kids, for moms and dads
- Team building cooking classes
You’ll acquire new skills, techniques and cooking methods to use your entire life! To put a new twist on an old proverb:
“Cook a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to cook fish and you feed him for a lifetime.”
See photos of Joni Sare’s cooking classes.