Here are recipes for this week’s specials at Monta Vista Market …
Lucky you! …. for TWO reasons ….
#1 reason you are lucky is that this past Wednesday I came up with two rhubarb recipes and will share them with you now because rhubarb is on sale this week at Monta Vista Market.
#2 reason you are lucky is that BROCCOLI is on sale and Monta Vista Market has an exceptional low price on it. So — I’ll show you how to freeze it during my cooking demo at MVM this Saturday, May 5th, 1 to 4pm. Click here to read more about the food demo.
Rhubarb Bacon Chutney
- 1/2 cup chopped rhubarb, (cut down the middle length-wise and then thinly slice half rounds)
- 1/2 cup chopped bacon, about 5 slices, cooked, cooled, diced
- 1/2 cup sliced green onion
- 1/2 tbls pomegranate syrup
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt (I used Kefir cheese)
Another rhubarb recipe… similar, but without bacon…..
Spiced Rhubarb Chutney
- 1/2 cup chopped rhubarb
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 1 tbls pomegranate syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cardamom