I made this yummmy “whipped cream” for our gathering at Blue House Farm’s Strawberry Festival. I love love love Juliano’s “Walnut Cream” recipe from his Raw, Uncook Book (see book, below) and couldn’t recall his recipe, so I made this from what I could remember and with the food that I had on hand, and it worked!
- 1 cup walnuts, soaked for 20 minutes, drained the soaking water
- 2 oranges, whole, skins and seeds removed
- 2 Medjool dates, pitted
Next time, I’ll blend:
- 1 cup walnuts, soaked over night, drain soaking water (soaking overnight will soften the walnuts making a much more creamy texture)
- 1 orange, whole, skin and seeds removed (I’ll use one orange b/c two of’m made the cream just a bit too thin)
- 1 medjool date, pitted (I’ll use one medjool date, I think that’ll be enough sweetness)
- 1 tsp vanilla (for that signature ‘sweet whipped cream’ taste)
- 1 pinch sea salt (to harmonize all the flavors)
I made a similar cream with Cashews – instead of the Walnuts… and blended the nuts with one orange … then spread the mixture over torn kale leaves and made Kale Chips … yummmmmmm.