This simple, rich-tasty treat is not only for the youngsters… it’s for us adults, too. You’ll see, I’m sure you’ll agree. See below for raw and cooked substitutions for reducing the amount of cashews, choosing a flavored soaking liquid, and using different fruit.
Mix in blender or food processor:
- 1 cup cashews,
soaked in 1 cup coconut water* for 1/2 hour (use soaking liquid)
- 1 banana, chopped
- 1/4 tsp Tahitian Vanilla Bean powderGarnish with Maple Flakes
- Instead of the banana, you can use: a pear, or a peach, or 2 apricots, or 4 strawberries.
- Use frozen fruit for more smoothie-like results.
- If you are watching your calories you can use 1/2 cup cashews and add 1/2 cup chopped peeled zucchini, or 1/2 a granny smith apple or a 1/2 cup cooked rice or cooked oatmeal.
- Choice of liquids to soak cashews: coconut water, fresh orange juice, chilled tea (such as: chai tea, ginger tea, green tea)