This soup was served for the 1st course, of the 1st evening of Susan’s Soul Collage Retreat. It’s soooo simple and sooo tasty — it’s always a winner.
Serves 2 – 3
1) Mix in blender or food processor, then chill for an hour or overnight:
- 1 cup water (or Thai Young coconut water)
- 2 cups coconut milk (1 can, not raw) (or Thai Young coconut meat)
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- 1 tbls red curry paste, or equal parts of garlic, ginger, lemongrass, hot pepper
- 1 tsp sea salt
2) Garnish with:
- spiralized carrots
- diced, or thinly sliced red bell pepper
- minced, or thinly sliced scallions
- minced, or thinly sliced basil
If soup thickens beyond desired consistency while chilling, slowly stir in a bit more water to thin.
Source: Joni Sare, adapted from: http://makeeverydayraw.blogspot.com/2007/07/tom-kha-soup_26.html