Makes 3 cups
- 1 c coconut water
- 2 c walnuts, soaked 4 – 8 hours
- 1 c pine nuts
- 1/2 c parsley
- 1/4 c black miso
- 1 T garlic
- 3 T lemon juice
- 1/2 t peppercorns
- 1 T Nama Shoyu (see TIP, below)
1) Soak walnuts and pine nuts in water for 4 to 8 hours.
2) Drain nuts and place them in a blender with the parsley, miso, garlic, lemon juice, peppercorns, and Nama Shoyu (Tamari).
3) Blend, adding only enough liquid (coconut water, Seaweed Water, vegetable broth, filtered water, or orange juice) to allow the mixture to turn over; use a rubber scraper to scrape the sides and keep the cheese turning over while blending.
The cheese keeps 1 to 2 days in the refrigerator.
Juliano: To make this cheese you can use any single nut or a combination of your favorites. I find soaked walnuts and un-soaked pine nuts make the creamiest texture.
I used tamari, a wheat-free soy sauce, however, I will not use this in the future b/c it turned the color of the ‘cheese’ toooo brown, toooo dark, so, I’ll try white or yellow miso or umeboshi plum paste next time for the same salty sourness.
Source: Juliano’s RAW The UnCookbook
Served with Raw Pizza