The sweet and sour flavors of this tapenade made it unforgettable.
1) Combine all ingredients, except tomatoes, in food processor and blend until thick and uniform.
- 2 cups pitted Sun Dried Black Olives
- 2 Cups dried Mission Figs
- 1/2 Cup Olive Oil
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 Tbs red miso
- 1 T umeboshi plum paste
- Enough water to encourage mixing
- 20 sun dried tomatoes, soaked and diced
2) Stir in tomatoes and allow to sit (refrigerated) for a couple of hours or overnight.
Source: Joni Sare, adapted from Sam Lippman, Google Raw Chef