A new cooking student/client wanted something simple to cook….. with greens, a grain, that is tasty, and easy to replicate…
Here’s what I came up with, and he agrees that it’s all of the above… with a BIG YUM.
This dish comes together very fast, so have all ingredients ready.
Qunioa with marinated artichoke hearts, spinach and feta
1 yellow onion, chopped in small bite-size pieces
1 small jar marinated artichoke hearts
1 bag baby spinach leaves (pre-washed, to eliminate the step to wash’m)
2 cups cooked quinoa (will post cooking instructions another time)
Parsley, chopped, to garnish
Crumbled Feta, to garnish
1. Saute the onions in the oil from the artichokes on medium heat until golden brown, about 10 minutes.
2. Add the artichokes, then put spinach on top, let heat through, about 2 minutes on medium heat.
3. Mix well, let heat through, about 1 minute.
4. Put quinoa in serving bowl and top with spinach mixture. For added visual value, allow some of the quinoa to show – meaning – to not cover all of the quinoa with the spinach mixture.
5. Serve with parsley and feta as garnish on top. For added visual value, allow some of the quinoa and the spinach mixture to show.