Serves 10, 6 – 8 bite-sized pieces per person.
Time: prep is minimal, perhaps 10 minutes, but you’ll want to start 2 hours before serving (or the day before) so that the cucs can sit with the salt for an hour and then sit for at least an hour (or overnight) with the vinegar – chilling in the fridge.
This is one of my favorites b/c it’s easy to make, tasty and promotes stomach acid (the vinegar helps to produce stomach acids, getting the body ready to digest the oncoming meal).
- 8 Persian Cucumbers, use the roll cut to get a triangular shape, (click here to learn how to do the ‘roll cut’ method
- about 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup Champagne Vinegar (any vinegar will work, I prefer the lighter vinegars)
- smoked salt, to taste
1. Trim the ends of the cucs and cut (see “Roll Cut” image, and link, above).
2. Sprinkle with salt, toss, sprinkle more salt, toss and sprinkle more salt, let sit for an hour or two.
3. Drain the excess liquid, and add the vinegar, toss well. Refrigerate for at least an hour, toss often.
4. Sprinkle with smoked salt and serve. Hmmm, this is interesting, click here to learn how to make your own smoked salt.