As a “personal trainer for your kitchen,” it is my goal to build your culinary muscles and show you tools and techniques for success.
The most coveted of techniques: KNIFE SKILLS.
I will quickly cover the basics: the design of the chef knife, how to hold a chef knife, and the uses of a chef knife. And then, we will start slicing and dicing.
I’m excited to show you my “no-seed mess” technique to cut a bell pepper!
You will need:
• Chef knife
• Cutting board
• Separate bowl for each veggie or a ziplock bag
• 1 head broccoli
• 2 carrots
• 2 celery ribs
• 2 zucchini
• 2 onions
• 2 bell peppers
• 2 sweet potatoes (or white potatoes)
Be sure to have all things washed and set up before class starts.
NOTE: you will need to use/cook these items within a couple of days.
In this class, we will not cook. We will give all our attention to slicing and dicing.
Full disclosure: I have taught MANY knife skills classes — in various locations — but this will be my first online class. We all will have our cameras pointing to the cutting board. You will watch me do a specific cutting technique and then I will watch you do it.
- Tuesday, April 28, 2020; at 11am – 12pm.
- Thursday, April 30, 2020; at 5:30 – 6:30pm.)
Number of attendees: maximum 5 locations (devices).
Fee: $10 per location (it is okay to have 2 people at your location)
Payment options, be sure to state Tuesday or Thursday class:
- Apple Pay (via text message: 925-381-8498)
- Google Pay (via text message: 925-381-8498; or via gmail: email@example.com)
Where: Online Zoom class. I will send the zoom link after receiving your payment, and will send it again on the day of the event.
– Call or send a text message: 925-381-8498
– Send an email: firstname.lastname@example.org