Join me at the market! … here is the type of info I will share while at the market with you…. (Recipe links, below.)
What’s the difference between a “cantaloupe” and a “muskmelon” ?
- After researching online, I found no definitive answer, and mostly contradictory information.
- Some sites claim that “cantaloupes” can only be obtained in Europe.
- Cantaloupe is one type of many muskmelons … and other sites say… muskmelon is one type of many cantaloupes.
- Cantaloupe has more defined webbing/netting on the outer skin, and muskmelons have webbing/netting yet is more smooth, not as defined.
- I talked with Dulcinea Farms, in Ladera Ranch, CA – they say about 10 years ago (circa 2000) they developed their own seed of Tuscan-style Cantaloupe, see image, above. (Btw – Caley, from Dulcinea Farms said this is a hybrid, a non-GMO seed).
Click here to learn:
How to select a cantaloupe, muskmelon ….and… other tips
- Go to Dulcinea farm’s website for more info.
- Go to Garden Web, you’ll see more info ….about watermelons, too.