I’m thinking the major reason why my breakfast is sooo tasty is b/c this is MINE and only mine. The second reason is the mix of flavors: pork, chicken, cow, plant and a bit of fermentation. YUM! Hugo wants some of the action, but, he’ll have to wait to lick the plate. In the old days I would have had a piece of bread to sop up the remaining bits and juice. Speaking of juice, I deglazed the pan with hot water and drank the remains as a tea…. a bonus yum.
1 serving, takes about 15 minutes
One tbls Bacon Fat
One Chicken Liver
One slice Cow Heart
One handful Spinach
1. Heat fat in small sauce pan on medium/high heat.
2. Take the liver and heart from the freezer and place in pan. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
3. Flip the meat, reduce the heat to medium/low. Cover and cook 5 minutes.
4. Flip the meat and add spinach. Do not cover, cook for 2 minutes, toss often.
5. Place all on plate, slice the meat and top with several large droplets of vinegar.
6. Deglaze the pan with hot water and drink the remains as a tea…. a bonus yum, see image, below.
Speed cooking tips:
1. Have bacon fat in the pan left over from yesterday’s bacon and fried eggs.
2. Have multiple organ meats cut in stew-meat sized pieces in ziptop freezer bag in the freezer. That way it’s easy to pull out just what you need, when you need’m. Before freezing, I dust the cut meat with a mixture of potato flour, salt and pepper, which gives it a great tasting coating. (See TIPS on freezing meats, coming soon.)
3. Have spinach ready to use, i.e. already washed, de-stemmed, etc.