This recipe took 15 minutes, start to finish and has just 3 ingredients.
Oven-baked Pistachio-breaded chicken
- Chicken cutlets
- Annie’s Dijon Mustard, about 2 teaspoons per cutlet
- Pistachios, ground to a fine meal, 1 tablespoon per cutlet
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Put parchment paper on a baking sheet. (I use parchment paper for an easier, faster cleanup).
3. Put ground pistachios in a flat bottom container (see tips, below).
4. Spread 1 teaspoon of the mustard on one side of the cutlet (see tips, below) and put that gooey side down onto the nut meal. Press firmly. Spread another teaspoon of mustard on the top side of the chicken, then flip over and with your dry hand, press firmly so that the nut meal sticks to the mustard.
5. With your dry hand, pick up the chicken and place on the baking sheet. Repeat steps for the rest of the chicken cutlets.
6. Bake the chicken for 5 minutes, then flip and bake for another 5. If need, flip once more and bake another 5 minutes
- Flat-bottom container: use a container with a flat bottom that is just big enough for the size of a cutlet, also good to have short sides.
- Designate one hand for dry uses and the other hand for wet. Meaning to say, I use my right hand (my dominate hand) to handle the moist chicken and the wet mustard. And I use my left hand to handle the dry nut meal.