Join us for a dialog on…
Managing your health during the Holiday Madness
a conversation guided by Steve Fowkes
Includes a 4-course inspirational holiday dinner
by Chef Joni Sare
Tuesday, November 9th, 6:30 – 9:30pm
Steve and I hear from clients at this time of year of their concerns about staying on their healthy path through the holidays. So – we decided to do a Dialog Dinner for an opportunity to discuss these concerns with you as a group while enjoying a dinner that will inspire you to cook during the holiday season. Join us, and we’ll discuss:
How to deal with food choices,
alcohol and family patterns
during the Thanksgiving-through-New-Year period
and stay on track with personal goals.
The conversation will include:
· Minimizing the toxic effects of alcoholic beverages. Assisting your liver, preventing skin wrinkling and minimizing the morning-after hangover
(Bonus: Steve will provide free samples of the ‘alcohol detox’ formula during dinner!)
· Psychological addiction to sweets and deserts (how to cut down carbohydrate cravings).
· The social dynamic (expectations and pressures from family and friends).
· Intermittent fasting strategies. Bracketing holiday meals with low-carb choices.
· Managing food hypersensitivities with enzyme supplements.
· Enhancing and restoring sleep rhythms.
· Managing the SAD season (spectral enhancements of light, and vitamin D).
Date: Tuesday evening, November 9th, 6:30 to 9:30 PM
Menu: See below…. a ‘Joni-style’ Holiday vegetarian meal (additional protein available on request). Dinner includes tea and water, and each course will be matched with a small glass of wine (optional). Steve will provide free samples of the Alcohol Detox formula.
BYOB: If you are a wine/beer connoisseur feel free to bring your own drink (share, if you like).
Fee: The talk is $40 prepaid, or $50 at the door, per person, includes dinner. See payment options, below.
RSVP: See below.
The menu for our 4-course vegetarian* meal will be a holiday extravaganza. I’ll twist recipes – turning them inside out, which will appear to be frivolous and elaborate to those who are savvy with the traditional American holiday fare.
Dinner includes tea and water, and each course will be matched with a small glass of wine (optional). Steve will provide free samples of the Alcohol Detox formula.
The menu (a gluten-, casein- and lactose-free meal)
Pickle Salad (Finally, a potato salad that’ll have more pickles than potatoes, with a homemade mayonnaise.)
Soup: Pumpkin Pie-n nut Soup with coconut milk and toasted pine nuts (And the flavors aaaaarrrre: cinnamon, clove, allspice, ginger)
· Field Greens (Served with a dressing of: onions, pickles, egg, green olives, mayonnaise, ketchup and chili powder. … i.e. Thousand Island Dressing(!).)
· Turkey Fig Quinoa Pilaf (Served with a ‘Turkish’ Beurre blanc (ghee champagne reduction sauce))
· Cornbread Stuffing (It’ll have more carrots, celery and onion than bread. I’ll offer a spritz of Black Truffle Oil to those who need a mushroom-fix in their stuffing.)
· Sweet Potato Mash (With – what other thaaaan – cranberries and maple syrup, and I won’t stop there… I’ll add toasted sesame seeds and oil, ginger and lemon.)
Dessert: Fruit Cake (You’ve probably already guessed it – that it’ll have more fruit than cake, and a bit of rum and spices.)
*eggs will be used; additional protein available on request
To reserve your place at the table click this RESERVATIONS link, or contact Joni (write or call).
Be sure to mention any special dietary needs. Please let me know if you and/or your guests are avoiding certain foods at this time. Also, include (or contact me for) any other special needs.
Advance payment: $40 per person
At the door: $50 per person
Four ways to pay:
1. Pay through this Constant Contact invitation by following the Reservations link, above. (Can pay for one or two people per transaction.)
2. Pay through PayPal with a credit card by clicking here, no need for a PayPal account. (Can pay for one person per transaction.)
3. Send a check to Joni Sare
4. Pay at the door with cash or check.