Please join us:
Friday, Nov. 19th, 6:30pm – 9:30pm
for a Dialog Dinner with
Ironman/Triathlete Coach Kevin Coady
for his “Kona Edition”
Many of you know I’m a triathlete and even though I may never grow to an ‘Ironman’ status I look to them for guidance. Thus, I’m asking Coach Kevin to return to us, to talk about his experience in Kona – the 2010 World Championships. Here is what he’ll cover….
- What it is like to race in the legendary event? Are the winds as nasty as they look on TV? Do the lava rocks scorch your skin from below? Is the swim start as brutal as everyone says it is?
- What are the 3 special challenges that make it hard for even the fittest athletes to have a good race at Kona? Hint: It’s NOT being distracted all week long by incredibly fit people running up and down the street half naked with their abs flexed.
- What does it take to qualify? Do you need to purchase $15,000 worth of equipment? Do you need to quit your job and live in a cabin and do nothing but eat, sleep and train?
- If you are lucky enough to win a lottery slot to compete, how can you train and prepare to be ready to have a great race? Do you need to run in place for 3 hours in a sauna to be ready for the heat? Should you bike in the wind with a parachute on your back to prepare for the Kona winds?
- And much, much, more… I’ll also be available to answer any triathlon and Ironman related questions Kona related or not.
Where: The Lumina House, Cupertino. The address will be sent with the confirmation of your reservation.
After a fun discussion, Kevin and I decided to put a healthy twist to the all-time American favorite: Burger, fries and onion rings.
So – our meal extravaganza will be:
- Roasted Tomato Bisque Soup
- Buffalo Burgers* with homemade sun-dried tomato ketchup, homemade mayonnaise, marinated cucumbers
- Sweet Potato Fries (in sesame oil)
- Raw Onion Rings (w/cashew batter)
- Field Greens served with a dressing of: onions, pickles, egg, green olives, mayonnaise, ketchup and chili powder. … i.e. Thousand Island Dressing(!)
- Raw Apple Pie with a Spiced Walnut Date Crust
*vegetarian option upon request