‘Cook-from-the-Box’ cooking classes
“Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a life time.”
Saturday, June 23, 10am to noon.
$25 per person.
- flavor structure (ex: mire poix, herbs, spices)
- cooking methods (ex: wet, dry)
- knife skills (ex: roll cut, brunoise)
Join fellow CSA members, bring your spouse, bring your kids, bring your non-CSA friends.
Find the fun in cooking with me as I share with you the ease and grace of using the ‘boxed’ CSA* produce from High Ground Organics.
- Saturday, July 14, 10am to noon
- $25 per person, per class.
- Click the PayPal link below, no need for a PayPal account.
- Be sure to include the date you will join me, and number of people in your party.
- anyone is welcome, no need to be a CSA member
- teens are welcome, kids under 8 years old are free
- $25 for each class, pre-payment is required, be sure to indicate any food allergies, sensitivities, major dislikes (as a therapeutic chef it is important to me to accommodate your needs)
- 10 people maximum capacity, each person will have a work area
- some “hands on,” — mostly knife skills and introduction to various gadgets and small appliances
- ‘knife skills’ will be part of each class, you are welcome to bring a chef knife and cutting board (optional)
(we will dice, slice, make triangles, rondelles, juliennes, and batonnet, brunoise, lozenge, paysanne cuts)
- each class will be 2 hours
- each class includes a light meal of the food we make, we’ll sit down together at the dinner table
- all meals will be vegetarian (ideas can be given for meat, fish, poultry)
- these classes are designed to be improv, those who attend will choose the dish, flavors, etc
- I will have additional foods on hand to use, such as spices, herbs, oils, salts, nuts, seeds, tortillas, pasta, grains, cheese, etc.
- every class will be gluten free
Example of –previous and future– class content:
- Dairy-free soups on the stove top
- Broiled, braised and baked veggies
- Simmered, sauteed and steamed veggies
- Joni’s top 3 favorite spice and herb blends
- A close look a cooking oils
- Creamy, crunchy, chewy textures
- Various shapes – triangles, dices and slices