This 7-part series was inspired by this TedX talk:
Global health expert Alanna Shaikh talks about the current status of the 2019 nCov coronavirus outbreak and what this can teach us about the epidemics yet to come. Alanna Shaikh is a global health consultant and executive coach who specializes in individual, organizational and systemic resilience.
My series focuses on sanitation methods while in the kitchen. We will actually do no cooking during this cooking class.
- 1st class: how to wash your hands, when and how
- 2nd class: how to wash your hands — the test
- 3rd class: how to wash dishes (and wash your hands at the same time)
- 4th class: how to fill the dishwasher (and wash your hands at the same time)
- 5th class: how to wipe down condiments (jars and bottles) after you’re done cooking (and wash your hands at the same time)
- 6th class: how to wipe down the counters (and wash your hands at the same time)
- 7th class: we will have a test on all of the above
I will use the “HandsWipeAF” protocols, a comprehensive best-in-the-industry list of do’s and don’ts.
In this unusual time of extreme need of being clean, I will not be collecting money from the students for this class. Instead, I will give each student who attends this gift: a hand towel with my logo on it with instructions to use the towel 50 times / day (because I heard you should chew 50 times before shallowing so it seems logical for us to wash our hands 50 times / day). What better way for you to be thinking of me and thanking me each and every time you use the towel.
…but, you can see, I’m being silly, yes? I hope so.
NOTE: I am designing an actual series, so stay tuned …best to get on my mailing list to receive updates.
…and support me on Patreon. Please. Thank you.