Choose this cooking lesson to learn the basics of poaching, steaming and seasoning. You will make:
• poached eggs
• steamed veggies
• seasoned ground turkey
1) poaching = how to poach eggs in a vinegar/water solution
2) steaming = veggies, the do’s and don’ts
3) seasoning = using the mortar and pestle (fresh and dried herbs)
2. Talking points:
• Another application of adding vinegar to boing water (a practical use of acidic pH in cooking)
• What’s in steam and what will it do.
• How to use steam as a quick cooking method.
• How and when to use the mortar and pestle, for fresh and ground herbs.
• When to use dried herbs (with ground meat), and fresh herbs (with steamed veggies).
3. Ingredients needed:
• 4 eggs
• 1 leek
• 1 fennel
• 1 sweet potato
• 1# ground turkey
• coriander seeds
• cumin seeds
• sea salt
• fresh herbs (any fresh herbs such as thyme, oregano, I can bring rosemary, sage and parsley from my garden)