Will be providing lunch and doing a cooking demo for a Mom’s group in Portola Valley.
Two of the moms are CSA members with High Ground Organics and saw my info in their weekly newsletter.
I’ll cater their lunch and
do a cooking demo using
farm fresh local produce
from High Ground Organics
Here is the list of produce in their box:
- Mokum Carrots
- Carola Potatoes
- Mixed Peppers (Corno di Toro, Hungarian Wax and/or Bells)
- Tongue of Fire Shelling Beans
- Romaine Lettuce
Appetizer/soup: (to be ready when they return from their hike, see more info, below.)
- Bacon Broccoli Potato Soup w/port balsamic vinegar
- Fish Pockets: http://www.jonisare.com/sole-dinner-wkale-salad-and-a-caprese-salad/
- Herbed Carrot Pate w/braised shelling beans (in coconut oil and shallots)
- Chopped Romaine Salad w/bell pepper vinaigrette
- Mashed Potatoes w/basil and coconut milk
- Stove-top Apple Cobbler w/coconut milk and toasted hazelnut oil (similar to this Peach Cobbler.)
- POWER BARS w/nuts, dried fruit and protein powder (note: no ingredients from High Ground)
I’ll be in the kitchen — probably/hopefully in their backyard kitchen (weather permitting) — while they are out hiking. Their lunch will be waiting for them when they return. I’ll do a cooking demo as they are eating. I’m thinking I will demonstrate my power bars –t’will be fitting for a dessert for this group of active Moms.
Here’s a recap of the tele conversation between me and one of the hosts, not in any particular order:
- she will provide the food, can get extra if need be
- I have use of the kitchen at 8am
- she can help me prepare the meal
- I will create a menu on Tuesday afternoon, once I see the list of food (in their eNewsletter) that will be in box
- Once the menu is finalized I will send the recipes (so that she can put together the shopping list)
- the demo will be decided once I see the list of food in the box
- $15 per person (can be paid to me via PayPal, check or cash)
- can use outdoor kitchen, weather permitting
Also, important – she will inquire with the group to see if anyone has food allergies and/or major food dislikes. It’s important to me to accommodate their needs.
More photos to come!