Monday, March 21st, 6:30 – 8:30pm.
In this class Chef Joni will feature WFM’s bulk food items to show you how to boost the protein nutrient-density of your meatless meals:
1. Breakfast: Oatmeal with whey protein powder, hemp milk, toasted nuts and/or seeds.
2. Lunch: ‘Cooked’ Kale Salad with lentils, hemp seeds, nutritional yeast, almonds, purple cabbage, cilantro, rosemary and garlic confit.
3. Dinner: Quinoa and Tempeh, how to cook and incorporate these two mega plant protein sources.
This class is geared towards beginner and intermediate chefs looking for healthy ways to cook. All recipes and tips are geared for healthy speed cooking.
Do you want a meal for you/your family that is easy, tasty, fulfilling and satisfying — without the meat?
You will learn:
– Time saving techniques (for speed-cooking enthusiasts)
– Nutritarian nutritional guidelines (for those who are having health challenges, such as: diabetes, weight issues, IBS, cancer)
– A bit of food science (to help increase your comfort level in the kitchen)
– How to balance fats, proteins and carbohydrates in a meatless meal.
This hands-on cooking class is for you if you are:
- doing the Eating for Health Challenge
- venturing into a vegetarian or vegan diet
- wanting to enhance your already-meatless meals
- are looking for light, yet satisfying meals to end the day
Please use the following link to enroll http://www.acteva.com/booking.cfm?bevaid=217648
or enroll at the Customer Service Desk at the store.