This was a big
The left over piccata butter (see http://www.jonisare.com/recap-june-30th-dialog-dinner-on-nutrition/) went to gooood use in this early morning breakfast.
The toasted gluten-free bread absorbed the piccata butter verrrrry nicely, and the warmed chicken sausage and fresh thyme made this breakfast verrrry tasty. It was a very satisfying way to feed my hunger after my early morning run…. that and my raw veggie drink, which I’ll write about another time. Thankfully, there are several fully-cooked sausages to choose from now that several brands use ‘clean’ meats.
The recipe ↓↓↓
KISS …. Keeping It Savory and Simple!
- Gluten-free bread, toasted (I store mine in the freezer, so I know it’ll take a looong time to toast)
- Chicken sausage, sliced (I used Aidell’s fully-cooked hormone-free sausages)
- Piccata butter (see recipe: http://www.jonisare.com/chicken-picatta-for-16-servings/)
- Fresh thyme
1) Toast the bread (I like mine toasted well, almost to the point that it’s like croutons). I use a toaster oven, which I bought at a yard sale for a couple of dollars.
2) I put the sliced sausage on a small plate in the oven, next to the toast.
3) Spread the piccata butter on the toast, cut the toast into bite-sized pieces and top each one with a slice of sausage, sprinkle with fresh thyme.