A cooking class to Boost Your Immune System
This is a 3-hour PRIVATE cooking class for 1 or 2 people.
Do you want more nutrition for your immune system to be the best it can be?
This class is all about immune-boosting foods. And I also want you to use the best cooking methods to be sure the immune-boosting food that you eat will not be sabotaged by the way it’s cooked.
Choose this class if you feel a need to boost your immune system. Perhaps it’s cold and flu season, perhaps you just had surgery, or you are about to travel and want to charge up your immunity.
Related posts, below.
In this cooking class, we will cover:
1) Eating for health: First of all, I don’t subscribe to one diet — I believe we all are bio-individual — that each of us has our own protocols to follow and I can help you find what works best for you.
2) Menu planning: It’s gotta happen, no skipping this step. How to Plan a Menu
3) More plants = more fiber: The intestinal brooming action moves food and debris along the digestive process –both utilizing what you need and eliminating what you don’t need.
4) Eat the rainbow: Different colors inherently have different nutrition, flavors, and thankfully, different textures.
5) Eat the whole plant, each part of the plant has a different purpose and therefore inherently have different nutrition, flavors, and textures.
- Underground: the roots and tubers.
- Closest to the ground: the stalks and stems.
- Reaching out and away: the leaves.
- Reproductive parts: the fruit, seeds, nuts and berries.
6) Quality fats:
- Cooking oils versus finishing oils
- Saturated fats versus unsaturated fats
- Animal fats versus vegetable oils versus nut and seed oils
7) Cooking methods:
We will also cover COOKING to boost your immune system:
- The best: low heat, short cooking time
- Time and temperature
- Stove top versus the oven
- Steaming versus saute versus braising