Here is one of 3 dishes I created for my Healthy Cooking Demo at Intel.
This chopped salad is similar to salsas and chutneys.
- 2 tomatoes, chopped – small dice
- 1 lb bok choy, chopped – small dice
- 1 cup chopped lettuce
- 3 tbls sesame oil
- 1 tbls rice vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 sea salt
- 1 bunch parsley
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- Chop all ingredients to same size = small dice.
- Mix well with oil, vinegar, garlic and salt
- Top with lime and parsley
The acid from the tomatoes and lime will soften the veggies, thus allowing flavor compounds to be released from the foods, marinate and create new ones. YUM!
Makes 4 cups