Here are two Brown Rice Tortilla brands that I buy. The first one is sold at Wholefoods Market and the second is sold at Trader Joe’s. Recipes for the baked chips are below.
Baking the tortillas
- Brown Rice Tortillas (see images, above)
- olive oil, enough to coat each tortilla with a thin layer of oil
- 1 tsp dried oregano per tortilla (and/or thyme)
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin per tortilla (and/or ground coriander)
- black pepper
- sea salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Wipe each tortilla with the olive oil.
- Sprinkle each tortilla with the seasonings.
- Slice each tortilla. Click here to see 6 ways to cut a tortilla.
- Put the tortilla strips on a baking sheet, place in oven for 10 minutes, or until brown and crisp, remove and set aside.
- Fish Tostadas
- More to come