Just came up with the dessert for tomorrow’s demo at Atherton Appliance and Kitchen….
All you bacon lovers will be seduced.
Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Dates, with banana, chocolate and peanut butter.
Sounds delish, aye?
AND IT WAS!
…. looks delish…. AND tastes delish!
Ingredients (per wrap)
- 1 pitted Medjool date (half of a large date will work, too)
- 1/2 – 1 tsp nut or seed butter (almond, tahini, cashew butter, or high-quality peanut butter)
- 1 – 2 chocolate pieces
- 1 banana slice (optional)
- 1 partially-cooked bacon slice, about 3 inches long
- Open up the date, form a well by stretching the date a bit.
- Add the peanut butter, then the chocolate pieces, the banana slice.
- Close the date and wrap with bacon strip, secure with a toothpick.
- Place in saute pan and cook on medium heat until chocolate melts and bacon cooks, about 4 minutes on each side.
- Serve warm is best.