This ‘Vitality’ event will be especially geared toward those who know how – yet have a difficult time with – eating healthy to maintain vitality. Steve will talk about the biochemistry mechanisms that affect the mind and body.
Maintaining Mind and Body Vitality
How does the mind drive the body towards vitality?
How does the body’s vitality determine mental vitality?
What is vitality? …what is wellbeing? …what is graceful aging?
How do we judge our vitality, wellbeing, aging? …and how do we lose perspective?
This discussion will include:
- Exercise, metabolism, nutrition and detoxification.
- Short-, medium- and long-term investements in wellbeing.
(avoiding sickness) ((avoiding degenerative diseases))
- The neuroendocrine theory of aging.
- The lesson of placebo response.
- Avoiding temptation.
- Mechanisms of carbohydrate craving.
- Feeding your body what it really wants.
9 December, Thursday, 6:30 – 9:30pm
Private home in Lafayette on Lucas Circle. Address will be given with reservation confirmation.
4-course gourmet therapeutic meal, with a brief intermission before the dessert.
I am open for requests, please contact me with your requests, and/or send a recipe of your favorite not-so-healthy dish and I will create a healthy version.
Includes dinner, tea.
At the door: $50/person
Advance payment: $40/person
Three ways to pay in advance:
1. Click on the RSVP link, below (for one or two people, no need to have a PayPal acct).
2. Click on the PayPal link, below, to pay directly with PayPal (no need to have a PayPal acct).
3. Send a check to me in the amount for the number of people in your party. Be sure to send an email to alert me to watch for your post mail.
The table fills early for many of our Dinners, so be sure to register soon to reserve your seat.
1. Click here to RSVP
This link leads you to the Registration form, where you state your name, number in your party, food sensitivities and any other special needs, with option to pay for one or two people).
2. Click here to pay through PayPal
You can pay for one person per transaction using this method. Please email me to let me know of your payment, and food sensitivities for those in your party.
3. Or …. if you are paying by check or at the door – reserve your seat by sending an email to me: jonisare[at]gmail[dot]com
(include any foods that you are avoiding)
Steve Fowkes is an organic chemist, neurobiochemist, nutritional formulation consultant, legal expert witness and is considered an expert in brain function and metabolism. He has written several books, authored numerous articles and papers, illustrated books and scientific papers and served as editor, technical editor and guest editor on many more. He is currently writing his sixth book. In 1979, he co-founded a nutrition company, Vitamin Research Products and managed their research, new product development, manufacturing, data-processing and shipping departments until 1983. In 1992, he founded and continues to direct the Cognitive Enhancement Research Institute. His ability to translate technical topics for the public led to TV appearances on People are Talking, a San Francisco-based TV talk show, The Dr. Dean Edel Show, a nationally syndicated TV talk show, and CNN’s Larry King Live and several anti-aging documentaries. Steve is available for private and group nutrition counseling.
Email address: fowkes2 [at] ceri.com
Web samples of Steve’s writings and talks: www.ceri.com, www.youtube.com
Telephone: 650-321-CERI (2374)