(Modifications made by Heidi Ohlander, RawFoodRightNow.com)
Put everything in a blender and blend until smooth:
- 1 Cup Spinach
- 4 Celery Stalks
- 1 Cucumber
- 1 Large Apple (cored and peeled)
- 1 Lemon (juiced in a citrus juicer or by hand)
- 1 Lime (juiced in a citrus juicer or by hand)
- 1/2 Inch Piece of fresh Ginger (peeled)
- (small handful of parsley)
- water, to blend
Options: Add ice cubes before or after blending.
First, this recipe says to peel ginger. I never peel ginger, I only trim away the icky parts. If you are using a regular blender it’s probably best to roughly chop the parsley and last – but not least – chop the celery into one inch-long pieces…. do this in order to eliminate long threads wrapping around the blade. Also – mince the ginger, a regular blender might not chop it up into small enough pieces.